What should I know about employment contracts in Germany?
What's your goal?
If the employer and employee suit each other, a written contract of employment is usually drawn up. A verbal agreement is also possible in principle, but in the event of a dispute is hard to prove.
There is no fixed form for a contract of employment. However, certain points should be defined:
- The area of activity with a concrete description of tasks
- The date from which the contract is valid
- The daily and/or weekly working hours
- The duration of the probationary period or, in the case of short-term contracts, the duration of the agreement
- The remuneration
- Leave allowance
- A ruling on the notice period
- A declaration of confidentiality
- If applicable, a ban on the employee working for a competitor for a two-year period after leaving the company
- Possible secondary occupations